SEO is about manipulating Search Engines up to an extent. Beyond that, the manipulation becomes something more sinister and you run the risk of having your web site removed from the Search Engine rankings completely. It’s true. It happens.
Here I tell you some important tips you must keep in mind while designing and updating your website. If you act on these steps your website will never be removed from any Search Engine. There are two categories of works. One is those tips which you have to do or you can do, the second category is of those things which you must avoid. They may harmful for you and your website.
Tips “You can”:
- Create a web site that containsMetatags, content, graphics, and keywords that help improve your site ranking.
- Use keywords liberally on your site, so long as they are used in the correct context of your site topic and content.
- Include reciprocal links to your site from others as long as those links are legitimate and relevant.
- Encourage web site traffic through many venues, including keyword advertising, reciprocal links, and marketing campaigns.
- Submit your web site to Search Engines manually, rather than waiting for them to pick up your site in the natural course of cataloging web sites.
Tips “You can’t”:
- Trick Search Engines by imbedding hidden keywords in your web site. This is a practice that will very likely get you banned by most Search Engines.
- Artificially generate links to your site from unrelated sites for the purpose of increasing your ranking based on link analysis. Most Search Engines have a built-in mechanism that will detect this type of deceptive practice.
- Artificially generate traffic to your web site so that it appears more popular than it is. Again, there are safeguards in place to prevent this from happening, and if you trip those safeguards, you could end up on the banned list for many Search Engines.
- Force your web site to appear in Search Engine rankings by submitting the site repeatedly for inclusion in the rankings. A good general rule of thumb is that you should submit your site once and then wait at least six weeks before submitting it again. Submitting it repeatedly will, again, only lead to something nasty like being banned from the Search Engine.
- Expect Search Engines to automatically rank you at the top of your topic, category, or keyword as soon as the site is picked up. It could take a little time to build the “status” that you need to reach a high Search Engine ranking. Remember, SEO is a process.
These are the basic rules and tips for putting Search Engines to work well for you. There are many other things to keep in mind but the most important are told here. Keep on remembering these cool steps and get desired benefits from your SEO Struggles.